January Monthly Events
- 1 | New Year’s Day
- 2 | Marlow, OK 88.7 FM & Chickasha, OK 90.5 FM – 9 years (2012)
- 6 | Burnet, TX 95.9 FM – five years (2016)
- 10 | Paris, TX 89.3 FM – 20 years (2001)
- 11 | Kerrville, TX (Spanish) 93.5 FM, 102.3 FM – four years (2017)
- 12 | Mansfield, LA 104.7 FM – 12 years (2009)
- 18 | Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Crockett, TX 93.5 FM – one year (2020)
- 20 | Arcadia, LA 92.5 FM – 20 years (2001)
- 26 | Natchitoches, LA 88.7 FM – six years (2015)
Home with the Lord
Ronald Milam McDonnel, age 76, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday, December 20, 2020. He loved God’s Word and loved to teach it, as evidenced by the 36 years he pastored Katy Bible Church and by his weekly radio broadcast at KHCB for over 40 years.
Pastor Ron often related that his dad told him “Son, Christians read the Bible,” so when Ron trusted Christ at the age of 8, he read the Bible all the way through, a practice that continued his entire life. His knowing God so personally came through his spending so much time in his Word. Ron’s life phrase was “Trust Him. You can trust Him.”
Ron is survived by his wife Margaret, son John Mark (Donna)of Kiev, Ukraine, daughter Julie (Karl) of Serbia, daughter Rachel (Joel)of South Africa, son Kielly (Kimberly)Houston, daughter Mariah (Scot)Kentucky, 21 grandchildren, three great grandchildren, sister Judy Atkins, sister-in-law Virginia (Don), sister-in-law Kris (Chuck), eight nieces and one nephew.
- For 20 years of broadcast ministry in Arcadia, LA at 92.5 FM, 20 years in Paris, TX at 89.3 FM, 12 years in Mansfield, LA at 104.7 FM, nine years in Marlow and Chickasha, OK at 88.7 FM and 90.5 FM, six years in Natchitoches, LA at 88.7 FM and five years in Burnet, TX at 95.9 FM.
- For God’s gracious provision in 2020.
- For the engineering staff that faithfully maintain the studios, towers and transmitter sties for all 57 outlets of the Network.
- For the Lord’s direction for the ministry in 2021.
- For the family of programmer Ron McDonnel who went home to be with the Lord on December 20.
- For Dolly Martin’s family as they grieve the loss of her brother Edward age 59, the father of nine children, who passed away suddenly in December. They grieve but with hope.
- For safety and protection of the tower crew that will build and replace the damaged tower in Sulphur, OK.