- September 6
- Labor Day
- Rosh Hashanah Begins
- September 11
- Patriot Day
- San Angelo, TX 93.9 FM, 1340 AM
- 94.3 FM (Radio Amistad) Three years (2018)
- September 15
- Huntsville, TX 1410 AM (Radio Amistad), 24 years (1997)
- Yom Kippur Begins
- September 22
- See You At The Pole
- Texarkana, TX 92.5 FM, 21 years (2000)
- Huntsville, TX 98.7 FM (Spanish), 11 years (2010)
- First Day of Autumn
- September 29
- Fredericksburg, TX 91.5 FM, 13 years (2008)
See You at the Pole 2021
“JUST PRAY” (from James 4:10) is the theme for See You at the Pole 2021, which is all about students praying at their schools. The event is planned for Wednesday, September 22, at schools around the world.
The event is more than just one day of prayer. With the continuing challenge of Covid-19 affecting schedules and access at participating schools, students are challenged to find creative ways, places, and times to pray throughout the Global Week of Student Prayer—September 19-25.
Then on Wednesday, September 22nd, if possible, students are encouraged to gather at a school flagpole or other community location to pray. This means that, all around the world in every time zone, for 24 hours, students will be praying for their school, friends, families, churches, and communities.
This is the 31st year for See You at the Pole, a student-initiated and student-led event that started in Burleson, Texas, in 1990. SYATP brings students together to intercede for their leaders, schools, and families, asking God to bring moral and spiritual awakening to their campuses and countries.
Everything students need to do a successful SYATP is available free at www.syatp.com. A Facebook page is at “myseeyouatthepole”.
“Tribulation Force” airs this Fall
The “LEFT BEHIND” drama series continues with Book 2, “Tribulation Force”. It is airing Saturday mornings 9:30am Central. This 12-part series will continue until November 13. You can listen on the KHCB Network, on the web at www.khcb.org and on KHCB’s phone app that is a free download.
Amid worldwide chaos and devastation following the sudden disappearance of millions of Christian believers, four form an insurgent cell group—the Tribulation Force. Rayford Steele, Pan-Continental Airlines pilot; Buck Williams, crack journalist for Global Weekly; Bruce Barnes, assistant pastor at New Life Community Church, and Chole Steele, university student. Nicolae Carpathia is establishing a one-world government. But what he calls world peace the Tribulation Force knows will mark the end of the world. Can four ordinary citizens stand against this powerful and charismatic leader before his vision for world domination succeeds?
“Tribulation Force” is based on the best selling novel with the same title written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. KHCB first aired this series when it was released over 20 years ago. It is being featured again so a new generation may hear the story.
- For 21 years of broadcast ministry in Texarkana, TX at 92.5 FM, 13 years in Fredericksburg, TX at 91.5 FM and three years in San Angelo at 93.9 FM
- For 24 years of Spanish programming in Huntsville, TX at 1410 AM and 10 years at 98.7 FM, and three years in San Angelo at 1340 AM and 94.3 FM.
- For the faithful volunteers who serve on air and behind the scenes.
- For the engineering staff that faithfully maintain all 57 outlets of the Network.
- For a new location for the Fredericksburg tower south of Stonewall, TX. A temporary facility has been provided, but a permanent location is still needed.
- For new listeners to find the Keeping Him Close By Network and hear the Gospel on the radio, the internet or the phone app.