- 1 | Springhill, LA 92.9 FM, 1460 AM (Spanish) – three years (2018)
- 6 | D-Day (77th anniversary)
- 10 | Port O’Connor, TX 91.9 FM – 14 years (2007)
- 14 | Flag Day
- 15 | Chinese Radio – 1400 AM – 30 years (1991)
- 20 | Lufkin TX 105.9 FM – five years (2016), First Day of Summer, and Father’s Day
- 27 | Bryan/College Station, TX 101.3 FM – 27 years (1994)
Chinese Ministry Celebrates 30 Years
KHCB’s Chinese ministry on AM 1400 is celebrating 30 years of broadcasting God’s Word. The ministry started June 15, 1991 with a group of volunteers producing and editing the programs. Shu Yang and Heidi Lit now oversee the ministry on a part time basis. The programming airs 8am to 5pm CDT each weekend and includes Mandarin translations of “Thru the Bible”, “Unshackled”, “and “Turning Point” with David Jeremiah. The Mandarin music program continues to air every Saturday at midnight Central Time on the KHCB Network.
This past year some new programs were added including a Cantonese translation of “Thru the Bible”, “Family Life Today” in Mandarin and a creation program, “Truth in the Test Tube.” The internet ministry began 15 years ago and is heard at www.chinese-radio.org and it is also available on smart phones. Since the first of the year there have been 9,495 visits to the website.
Please pray that the programming will continue to enrich listeners spiritually and reach more Chinese speaking populations.
Summer Drama Series :“Left Behind”
An exciting drama series called “LEFT BEHIND” will be airing Saturday mornings this summer in place of the “Bible Bowl” at 9:30am Central. This 12-part series begin June 5 and continues until August 21.
In this thrilling series, passengers aboard a Boeing 747 plane en route to Europe disappear instantly. Nothing remains except their rumpled pile of clothes. All over the world, in a flash, cars are left unmanned. Terror and chaos continue worldwide as the cataclysm unfolds. For those who have been left behind, the apocalypse has just begun.
“LEFT BEHIND” is based on the best selling novel with the same title written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. KHCB first aired this series when it was released over 20 years ago. It is being featured again so a new generation may hear the story. Don’t be LEFT BEHIND!
Chosen People Ministries
Chosen People Ministries began in 1894 when God gave Rabbi Leopold Cohn, a Hungarian immigrant, a mission and vision to present the Gospel in ways that the Jewish people might see the power of the Good News and believe in Jesus. Chosen People Ministries exists to pray for, evangelize, disciple and serve Jewish people everywhere, and to help fellow Christian believers do the same.
The ministry is now producing radio programs with President, Mitch Glaser. Tune in to hear how they are proclaiming the Good News through Yeshua (Jesus), the Messiah to people all around the world! The daily one-minute feature is at 3:00pm CT and the weekly broadcast is Sunday at 5:30am CT and 3:00pm CT. To learn more about the ministry, visit Chosenpeople.com.
- For 27 years of broadcast ministry in Bryan/College Station, TX at 101.3 FM. This was the first English station that began the expansion of KHCB from Houston.
- For 14 years in Port O’Connor, TX at 91.9 FM, for five years in Lufkin, TX at 105.9 FM and three years in Springhill, LA at 92.9 Fm and in Spanish at 1460 AM.
- For 30 years of Chinese broadcast ministry on AM 1400 and 16 years of Chinese radio on the internet.
- For being able to relocate the Fredericksburg tower. A temporary facility has been provided, but a permanent location is still needed.
- For new listeners to find the Keeping Him Close By Network and hear the Gospel on the radio, the internet or the phone app.
- For the new programs on the Network to encourage believers and introduce people to Jesus and show them their need for salvation.